Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A Beautiful Piece

I was scrambling through some thoughts of a song that I would really wanna play, just to refresh my good ol' "self jamming" days until a tune hit me and kept ringing. Didn't have the song in my iTunes but managed to get the lyrics and started going through it all over again. The following are the words penned by Albert Hammond and Diane Warren in 1988 for a beautiful song by Chicago:

Though it wouldn't matter, if we didn't stay together
And if it was over, maybe it was for the better
I was thinking I'd be alright, 'til I thought it all through
Now I know that I ain't really living, 
If I have to live without you

Chorus:
I don't want to live without your love,
I don't want to face the night alone.
I could never make it through my life,
If I had to make it on my own.
I don't want to love nobody else,
I don't wan to find somebody new.
I don't want to live without your love,
I just want to live my life with you.

Guess I had to go away, so much I had to go through.
Guess I had to lose you, to know how much I love you.
Can we make the fire burn again, burn a little stronger?
Cause I've been alone, and baby,
and I can't be alone now any longer.

Chorus

Oh, if I could make it on my own,
My life would never be the same.
My love would never be the same,
I don't want to live without your love

Chorus


Nice piece of work .....

No comments:

Post a Comment