Friday, March 13, 2009

A Fair Week

This week was pretty alright for me as in many positive ways. The highlight of course was the fact that I am able to change my 2 year old phone to something that I was drooling over for some time. Yes, it's the mercurial iPhone!! Maxis was gracious enough to extend a free iPhone provided I sign up to stay with them for 2 years. Well, I have been with them for 14 years now, another 2 more years wouldn't make a difference and a big plus point of being a heavy user. An invitation to the launch next week and to simultaneously collect my "precious one" is indeed an impatient factor for me now.

As in work, my clients have decided to shoot in New Zealand and if that happens, it is a real situation of "dreams do come true". I always wanted to visit New Zealand whether be it for leisure or work and guess if everything falls in place, its gonna be in 2-3 weeks time. I've also a photoshoot coming along and this time is for a budding Malaysian artist who would be launching her debut album. Wouldn't wanna disclose details in here but will do after things are being done. My client from India had decided to resume work for a feature film that is to be shot in London. Guess the effect of Slumdog Millionaire is starting to take place and as this project was first conceived in 2007 and damn the long wait, hope it turns up for real now. On the other hand, a close friend of mine secured a project and is engaging my services to scout locations in the next few days. The miserable part of all is the fact of not able to have a transport to move around as yet. Hope to resolve it by the time work starts.

As in recognition, my works have been chosen to compete in the Leica Oskar Barnack Photo Award 2009 amongst the thousands around the globe whom competed to get there. There are only two Malaysians chosen and its a great honour to be in there. I am certainly not looking forward to win anything but getting there had won me all.

The only setback this week was that my puppy, Midnight Mist fell ill and had a sudden burst of body temperature. Took her to the vet yesterday, had her jabbed and started her medications. Towards the night she was jumping and active but this morning she could hardly walk. Her hind legs were too weak to carry her up. Called the vet and the only assurance that he could give me was that she is under medications and time is required. It did scare me a bit as the memories of my late buddy Sgt. Pepper Rooney came back. On this day a year ago, he succumbed to failed liver caused by jaundice. Until this very day, I miss him a lot.

Hope things pick up better next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment