Friday, March 6, 2009

In Pursuit of Happyness

The title of this post is not a typo error but it is actually the title of one of my alltime favourite movies which was based on a true story. The story is about pure determination to succeed in life against all odds and achieving it till the peak. 

For some time I have been going through a lot within myself in constant struggle to free myself out from a certain crisis that surfaced some months back. Every happy moment was limited to number of hours of a week and the rest were indulged in sadness, anger, anguish, fights and quarrels. I have been straining my energy into wasteful events lately and I feel completely drained thus creating an unwanted and unhealthy mindset. Every issue had a lead back to those events and eventually flowed out a series of setbacks. Current financial turmoil and the complete crippling factor of not having a transportation have sunken into me. The troubles and woes seem to be flowing freely in my veins and every outcome of result is going nowhere good but somewhere bad. It had taken a great toll on myself, my family, my work or intended project and other elements significantly related to it. Many statements and pondering with much "ifs" and "buts" were scattered around making me dwell well in the home of woes. To be frank, I am not a deservingly resident in this home, just a temporary tenant. 

I have decided to come out of it with a mode of transportation called "Take It Easy" and I believe that it will drive me out. It may be a bumpy road ride but as long as it takes me out of that "home", I know I will be a level headed resident elsewhere. Setting priorities and adhering to it have been a norm and it was used to be set according surroundings and situations but now it will be set on a single objective. My life matters to me as it gives the soul to see, hear, feel and touch and the reality aspect, many come and go, pass by and leave. Nothing can dictate that but one can dictate their own perspective. If someone hates me today, I will let it be and not make any efforts just to please them. If there is good that the person sees in me, then it would eventually carve their path towards me. I have a heavy task of rebuilding my life, stature and stand. This stage will be the most tedious but is never impossible. 

It may surprise some that of my perception now or even may draw unwanted reception but as far as it concerns, it will be an external event and not a factor. I may have a great affection towards some people but that feeling will remain as it is, not allowing it to eat through me anymore. Life being shattered into a million pieces can always be patched in various patterns to move towards a new direction. Nothing is really lost in fact should the standing goal remains as the final drive in my path. Everything around me may seem bleak now now but I have seen the slightest ray of redemption and would want that light of hope to guide me through my path In Pursuit of Happyness.

1 comment:

  1. Good on you!! And I trust that you will ride out of this storm well. :)

    ReplyDelete